When do applications close?
- Our Early Bird deadline is midnight on 13 November 2023
- The final date for applications is midnight on 4 December 2023
If you apply by our Early Bird deadline, you will be considered for our admissions test preparation workshops. These are likely to take place in the evening on 28 and 30 November.
As part of our aim to increase diversity in mathematics and science, and ensure that students of all backgrounds have the opportunity to succeed, places on the workshop will first be offered to students at state-funded schools who are eligible for free school meals. There will be approximately 50 places available and remaining places will be offered according to the date applications are received.
What is the application process?
On completion of the application form, the process is as follows:
- Applicants who meet a minimum threshold are invited to sit the ICLMS admissions test on 17 December 2023
- Applicants who meet a minimum threshold from the combination of their application and admissions test are invited to an interview in January or February 2024
- Offers are made in March 2024. You will be required to achieve certain results in your GCSE examinations which will be outlined in your offer*
- Summer 2024 – all offer holders are invited to our Summer Series of offer holder events
- August 2024 – students who meet the conditions of their offer enrol
- September 2024 – term 1 starts.
What do I have to do on the application form?
The application form includes:
- Personal details, parental contact details and educational history
- A nominated referee from your current school
- A personal statement explaining why you have chosen to apply to our school. There are some prompt questions on the application form to help you. Please don't worry about your personal statement. It is our chance to get to know about you, and learn more about you. You can save your application and return to it, so you might want to consider drafting your personal statement on a separate document first. It should be about 400 words in length.
What does a test and interview involve?
Our admissions test and interview are designed to test your mathematical thinking, rather than just the depth of your knowledge. It will only cover GCSE Mathematics content.
The full content can be found on the specification
. We understand this process can be daunting, so we have produced a specimen paper in advance to help you prepare. You can find these below. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with the specimen paper before the admissions test.
We have teamed up with Cambridge Maths School to provide a second specimen paper so you can prepare for our admissions test. The Cambridge Maths School admissions test follows the same content and structure as the ICLMS admissions test, but please note that the eventual admissions test will be not the same paper. Please find these below:
Our admissions test for September 2024 entry will take place on 17 December 2023.
Find out more
If you have any questions about your application, or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be kept informed of important information and updates about our admissions, including open days and taster days, please enter your details here
Further information is available by browsing our FAQs
The full admissions policy is available here
, and appeals policy is available here
*If you are sitting alternative qualifications to GCSEs, please continue with your application, but contact us by emailing email@example.com